THE WYOMING CATHOLIC MINISTRIES FOUNDATION APPLICATION INFORMATION
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS OR REQUESTS THAT DO NOT FALL WITHIN THESE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Wyoming Catholic Ministries Foundation (WCMF), aims for accessibility, objectivity, fairness and professionalism in all of its dealings with its constituents. The Foundation can distribute grants only to parishes, or qualified 501(c)3 organizations that support the ministries of the Diocese of Cheyenne and serve to build up the kingdom of God. The foundation neither lends nor grants money to individuals or political organizations.
Grants are made in three areas: Educational, Charitable, and Religious. Foundation grants are to provide funding assistance only within the Diocese of Cheyenne. Projects or activities which are the focus of grant applications must be aligned with the mission and key initiatives of The Wyoming Catholic Ministries Foundation and the Roman Catholic Church in the Diocese of Cheyenne.
The Foundation looks for one or more of the following conditions in a proposal:
- Foundation support would be vital to a proposed project’s success;
- A collaborative network exists that multiplies the impact of the grant;
- Sustainability – The proposed project is likely to continue and expand after the grant period on the way to becoming self-supporting;
- The proposal is innovative and efficient in its use of funds;
- Expenses are reduced by sharing resources with other agencies or groups;
- The project is a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services;
- The project promotes better human relationships and a sense of community;
- The project helps fulfill the mission of your organization.
Grants are not made for purposes of:
- Annual fund-raising events or drives.
- Debt reduction.
- Organizations not supported or endorsed by the Catholic Church or not serving an identifiable Catholic population.
- Endowments or Individuals.
- Funding more than one year of a program’s costs.
- Operating costs, unless related to a new initiative or program.
- Reimbursement for programs or projects already begun.
The Wyoming Catholic Ministries Foundation considers grant requests four times each year. Grant requests must be submitted by midnight on each respective deadline.
After submission, grant requests are reviewed by the Grants Committee on the fourth Wednesday of the deadline month. They are then approved or disapproved by the entire Board of Directors at the quarterly meetings, which take place 60 days after the Grants Committee meeting.
If your grant is approved, you can expect funding of your request within 30 days of approval.
Here is an example of the grant cycle:
- A request is submitted on August 8th, the deadline for that cycle;
- The Grants Committee meets August 22 to review and discuss grant applications. They make recommendations to the full Board of Directors;
- The Board of Directors meet October 24 and vote on Grant Committee recommendations;
- Funding will occur by November 24.
The Policies of the Wyoming Catholic Ministries Foundation prohibit reimbursement of expenses. Therefore, if you submit a grant application requesting funding between the deadline and the subsequent Board of Directors meeting, your request will be declined. This policy requires grant seekers to plan ahead by four or more months.
Grant requests are to be made through our website only. Paper copies will not be considered.
Please note the dates below. Grants must first be approved by the Grants Committee before presentation to the full Advisory Board. Final approval of grants and notification will take place after the Board meeting. The Foundation does not make reimbursement grants; therefore please be aware of the timing of your request.
Next Grant Deadline: August 7, 2019
Notification of grant acceptance/denial: October 24, 2019.
Following Grant Deadline: November 6, 2019
Notification of grant acceptance/denial: January 23, 2020.